Skip to main content

Beauty Empties - October 2016

Happy Sunday! Actually not very happy for me because work starts tomorrow. Ah well, just enjoy it while it lasts :)

Sorry for the long hiatus, I am so easily distracted with work and stuff that I neglected my poor blog for so long. I promise that I will try to publish every week because I have tonnes of posts that I've been wanting to share with you all!

Let's start with a beauty / product empties post, something that I've been planning to do but I hardly empty my products because I keep on trying new ones without finishing those that I'm currently using. I can't help hoarding so much beauty products, everything just looks so pretty / good to use that I have to own them :p
So it's quite a great achievement to finally empty out these products. All of these are from various Korean brands that I think most of you are aware of. The Saem, Skin Food and Aritaum :)
Initially, I added Nightingale Non-Wash Perfume Treatment into my shopping bag because it cost only $2 and I wanted to hit $50 for free shipping. I didn't think much of it but it turned out to be one of my favourite buys. One tube lasted me for about 2 months and I only used it on alternate days. Each tiny tube contains 17 kinds of amino acids, coating one's hair with nourishment. The formula is non-greasy and gets absorbed easily. Plus the scent really helps to uplift one's moods. I only wish that the scent can last longer as it usually fades off about an hour or two.

Next is Aritaum Style Pop Brow, the best and cheapest brow pencil I have ever used. It only cost 3,000 won (approx SGD$3.80) and I really regret not stocking up more! I haven't actually keep track on how long this lasts but I would gauge about 2 months with daily application? There are 6 different colours so if you change your hair colour from light to dark often, you can still get a shade that matches your hair. No need to touch up and it can last me one full day. Highly recommended!

The Saem Healing Team Garden Cleansing Water is my to-go makeup remover ever since I started using it last year. One bottle, 300ml, can last about 3 months when used on a daily basis and it only cost $7! It is not only gentle on skin, it also helps to remove most of my makeup excluding those really stubborn or waterproof ones (I rarely use those anyway). And it doesn't leave a sticky feeling afterwards.

I'm still looking for the perfect toner that doesn't contain alcohol or any harsh ingredients and unfortunately, I still haven't found it yet. Skin Food Premium Lettuce & Cucumber Watery Toner will do for now. It has a nice scent, which can be too strong for those who doesn't like artificial fragrance in their products. Nevertheless, it does help to clean off any residue that my makeup remover and double cleansing routine miss, prepping my skin well for the subsequent skincare steps to follow.

Last but not least, the final step in my skincare routine: The Saem Urban Eco Harakeke Cream EX. This cream is lightweight and glides across the skin so smoothly, leaving it soft and hydrated throughout the day. I love how the cream gets absorbed into the skin fast, no sticky residue plus it has a slight floral scent. It's perfect as a day cream but might be a little too light as a night cream.

That's all for now, shall try more products and hopefully have more beauty / product empties to share in the next post! :)
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…