Skip to main content

Althea Korea - My New Favourite Shopping Site!

Althea Korea is a one-stop online K-Beauty store featuring major Korean brands at an affordable price range! They were first launched in Malaysia before moving to Singapore market earlier this month. I love trying out new shopping sites especially one that features my favourite brands! :)
I'm a fan of Korean products for their affordability and the quality, plus the endorsements by various celebrities make the brands even more enticing. Though there are quite a number of major Korean brands opening its stores in Singapore, the prices of products costs at least 30% more due to the various pricing factors.

I wish I could go Korea every year to stock up on my skincare and cosmetics but it is not feasible so the next best choice would be to shop online. Thanks to Althea Korea, now I can get my necessities all in one site and at a much lower price as compared to brick and mortar stores!
When I first log onto the site, I'm surprised at how simple the layout is. Frankly speaking I do prefer such clean layout more, it allows the site loads fast and is easy to navigate. You can roughly get an idea of how Althea Korea works all in one glance. The four promises that they make is what most consumers would want. It is really assuring to know that they still have 30-day return and refund policy for change of mind purchases!
One other feature that I like is the overview of the cart when you move the mouse over that area. It is useful as it allows me to get a rough idea of how much I have spent and if the product has been successfully added to cart.

After much contemplation, I finally selected a couple of items to check out, scroll on for the items that I bought! :)
Althea Korea is really efficient in packing and sending out the items as it took less than a week to reach me. Everything is freshly shipped from Korea and bubble wrapped carefully. As you can see above, not only the items were bubbled wrapped but the box too! I like the tiny details that they make in ensuring the items reached the buyers safely. Not of my items were damaged, even the outer box packaging were in tip top condition.
Here's my small haul from Althea Korea, featuring the following items:
1. Tony Moly Pure Bamboo Cool Water Soothing Gel 
2. Gangbly Jeju Horse Oil 99% Soothing Gel
3. The Saem Gem Miracle Black Pearl O2 Whitening Toner
4. The Saem Eco Soul Spau BB Cake in 02 Natural Beige
5. Petitfee Gold & EGF Eye Spot Patch

Can't wait to try these out. Thanks Althea Korea for the items and wonderful shopping experience. I've just checked out some more items :p

Till then~
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…