Skip to main content

Review: Kao Essential Light Finish Volumizing & Deep Cleansing Shampoo and Conditioner

Having smooth and manageable hair can be easy as long as you have the right shampoo & conditioner to care for it. Everyone's hair problems are different, and in some cases, there might be two issues such as oily scalp yet dry & damaged ends and it can be so troublesome to use different products just to get the same results! 

This kind of hair type can be classified as combination hair where your hair exhibits two different problems: oily scalp with dry and damaged ends. I'm surprised to know that I'm not one of the rare few with such problems. It is especially common when you stay in countries with warm humid weather and people who does chemical treatments (hair colouring, rebonding, etc). I had existing condition of oily scalp and recent hair colouring episodes made my hair ends drier which results in combination hair, thankfully Essential came up with a range of shampoos and conditioners that targets such problems!
This new range that was released last year features Essential Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) and Deep Cleansing Care (blue) variants that comes with the combination of smart cuticle care and sebum cleansing technology. In other words, you can thoroughly cleanse your scalp and still repairs the damaged ends of your hair with moisture! Best of both worlds!
If you're unsure of which one to use, you can refer to the chart above to evaluate your hair condition and select the one that suits your hair type best. In my case, I have very oily scalp with dry damaged ends so I went for Deep Cleansing Care (blue).
Just like the previous Essential products I own, this comes with a very pleasant scent and lathers well to gently cleanse the excessive oils on my scalp and yet providing the right amount of moisture to the ends of my hair. I always wash my hair on alternate days with the massage shampoo brush provided because it feels so good and helps to clean my scalp really well!
The massage shampoo brush comes with moderately soft silicone bristles which is surprisingly gentle on scalp. It's my first time using this and now I'm hooked! Apparently these are common haircare tool in Japan and is used by majority of Japanese woman to help remove dirt and sebum more effectively from scalp. I'm so glad that Essential decide to bring this in and is providing it for free with every purchase of their bundle pack, it is super worth it!
These full-sized bottles of 750ml are available at all leading supermarkets for $19.60 and comes with free Massage Shampoo Brush in hot pink or mint green! The promotion is while stocks lasts so I would suggest you to grab it before it's gone. Plus, the brush is a good investment and perfect for those who spends lots on proper care of nails. With this, you would not have to worry about chipping those pretty nails while washing your hair :)

If you would like to try out this new range, you can hop over to Essential's facebook page to get free samples of Deep Cleansing Care (blue) and do follow them for constant updates!

Essential Singapore
Facebook | Instagram | Website
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Guide to KORAIL's O Train & V Train

Sightseeing trains are gaining popularity in Korea and it is one of the things you have to try when you're there! Today I'll be sharing on O Train & V Train which started its operations sightly more than a year ago on April 2013. These trains journey through Korea's inland valleys with the O-train looping around the central inland region, running through the provinces of Chungcheongbuk-do, Gangwon-do, and Gyeongsangbuk-do. While the V-train, connecting Buncheon in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province and Cheolam in Gangwon-do Province, runs through scenic valleys. Detailed information on these trains can be found on VisitKorea.

I realized there is a lack of information on the site as to how you can purchase the tickets online or offline and how to best plan the route if you would like to take both trains plus return to Seoul on the same day. So here's a simple post on how I purchased my tickets on the spot and the mistake I made(and you can avoid if you read this post), but …