Skip to main content

Review: Not Soap, Radio Body Lotion

Brand
Not Soap, Radio

Type of Product
Hand/Body Lotion

Flavour
Shimmering with Sharks
The Phoenix
Caresses, not Carbs

Made in
USA

Net Weight 
12.685oz (375ml)

Price
USD$18
Another awesome brand with quirky captions and bright colours that I have to share with you all! The amount of reviews on this brand is limited so I took a chance to try one bottle. I was sold the moment I applied it on my skin. Yes the price is kinda steep, but this is something that I have been looking for the longest time so I had to grab 2 more bottles after I've tried it.
Each bottle comes in a clear flip lip squeeze bottle with bright eye catching solid colours on their label. A rather simple design, yet fun with quirky captions. Shimmering with sharks was the first flavour I tried; the whole time I was wondering how it would feel like to be near sharks. I thought there would be shimmers in the lotion but no, and I'm glad there wasn't. I wouldn't want to sparkle under the sun like Edward. Lol.
What made me purchase this lotion in the first place was the ingredients used, no parabens added and also contained royal jelly extract that has anti-aging properties! The scent is alittle overpowering at the start, not something I would get if I had the chance to try it in the store first. The description said it would smell like beach and sky blue water but it doesn't. I would say it is along the lines of a strong smelling flower(can't think of  the name though). However, it does give that sense of luxurious smell after application when the scent isn't that strong, something that hotels would use in their line of body lotion.

The lotion is light and easy to spread, leaving my skin feeling soft for the next couple of hours. It doesn't give the sticky feeling unlike most hand/body lotions and moisturises really well. Previously my skin was looking dry with obvious lines and the condition did improve slightly after using it for a week. I hope my skin will be baby soft with constant usage :p

I wouldn't repurchase this scent but I would definitely try the other flavours once I'm done with these three bottles! My favourite has to be The Phoenix which smells of persimmon and plum, a lovely combination, sweet and subtle. Overall, a good investment for a paraben-free lotion that moisturises without feeling sticky, keep skin feeling soft especially in humid weather!
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…