Skip to main content

Review: Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack 이니스프리 진액 캡슐 팩

Brand
Innisfree

Type of Product
Wash off Mask

Flavour
Canola Honey
Volcanic
Jejujiba & Tea Tree
Green Tea
Aloe

Made in
Korea

Net Weight 
10ml

Price
KRW1,500
Capsule Recipe Pack is one of my favourite products from Innisfree, affordable and effective! I have previously reviewed Aloe flavour 2 years ago, forgot where the other flavours went(problem of buying too much stuff all the time) so I didn't managed to follow up on the review, shall continue the review here.

There are a total of 12 flavours to choose from, catering to various skin concerns such as pore care, moisture, lifting, etc. I regret not buying the full range when I was in Korea previously, the more I use them, the more I love these! 
Each capsule recipe pack comes in a small plastic container that is good for travelling. They have improved on the packaging slightly, adding a slit at the side where you can easily fold and slip the lid of the mask in before putting it in the fridge for the next use. Previously I had to tape it down with scotch tape or use something else on top of it to keep the lid close or else the mask would dry up faster, glad Innisfree made that change!
Sadly, Innisfree don't do English translation for all their products so I had to Google for more information about this product.

Benefits of Volcanic Capsule Recipe Pack
-Jeju volcanic cluster intensively provides a surge of moisture and nutrition for skin
-Enhances moisture retention and soothes irritated skin
-Gently exfoliates while adding moisture to skin

You have to use this after cleansing and usually I would apply toner before applying the mask though this is not a required step for this wash off mask. I find that using a toner before mask helps to prep the skin for the mask to work more effectively.
Upon opening the pack, I noticed that its smell was similar to the Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, one of Innisfree best selling masks and my favourite as well. It wasn't of a creamy texture like what I read online. The mask I received had hardened and I had to press in harder in order to scoop some of the product out. The manufacturing date stated on the pack was 2013, so I assumed that was the reason. I recalled my previous clay mask did harden after I kept it for more than 6 months without using but it wasn't as difficult to apply as this was. I had to rub it onto my skin, warm it up and let the clay soften a little before I can spread it across my face. It took me 50% more time to get this done which was rather frustrating.

When applying, there was a slight cooling effect which was rather soothing if it weren't for the hardened clay. I waited for 10-15 minutes for the mask to harden before washing off with lukewarm water. Though it didn't manage to remove much of my blackheads, my skin felt smoother and pores did seem to be cleaner. The feeling usually lasts till the next day and I can wake up with softer skin. I find this to be a good alternative to Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, so if you want to try the effects over a period of time before committing to a purchase, this will be good to start :)

If the texture was creamy and not like the one I have, I would say this mask can be used up to 5 times, so it's really worth the price paid! The other flavours of the mask will be updated along the way so do keep checking back :)
thatrandomgirlღ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…