Skip to main content

Tirisula Yoga; More Than Just Poses

What's the first thing that comes to mind when you see the word: Yoga? I have always had the perception that yoga is an exercise with lots of stretching and the focus being on physical postures. Thanks to Tirisula Yoga's exclusive workshop, I learnt that yoga is more than just poses, it is a form of therapy for body and provides comfort to one's soul. I'm sure there are more ways to explain what yoga is and I think the best way will be to experience it yourself.
Located conveniently near the central part of Singapore, Tirisula Yoga is situated minutes away from Bugis station, along the Arab street. A good location with rich culture and interesting sights as well as shopping(think Haji Lane and Bugis Street)! You can indulge in shopping after a yoga session or relax your body by practicing yoga after a long day of shopping :p 
Tirisula Yoga is more than a yoga studio, it is a training school for aspiring yoga teachers, providing internationally recognized certification that can be used to teach in Singapore or anywhere around the world. The main focus of Tirisula Yoga is teacher training rather than classes which is probably the reason why many found the name to be less familiar.

Being new to yoga and not someone who exercises much, I was afraid I couldn't do any of the poses properly but the teachers made the yoga classes less daunting. The classes were divided into flexibility (#tiribendit) with Master Weiling for day one and balancing (#tiriholdit) with Master Paalu for day two. 
The first day started with a short presentation about the workshop and sponsors (Rachel K, Fitness Grocer, Provenance Distributions, Infuusa, Belief) who made this possible, followed by stretching exercises with Yoga Teacher, Pamela, before going on to core strengthening and techniques for flexibility with Weiling. Some of the bloggers who attended the class were new to yoga but did so well unlike me. It took me quite an effort to get into the various stretching & postures required and I was struggling more than fifty percent of the time but the teachers were patient to guide me to the right posture. 
As for the second day, Master Paalu taught us on the techniques of balance with more partner work to help each other in stretching, making the session more fun and interactive. One of my favourite pose for that day was headstand, something which I wanted to try despite knowing how impossible it is for me. I managed to give it a shot with the help of Master Paalu, it looked disastrous but I enjoyed the process. A motivation for me to start yoga soon in order to master and perfect this pose ;)
Both days ended with theory sessions by Master Weiling and Master Paalu respectively, teaching us on yoga theory; the different perspective of yoga, body type and how the five elements can help or affect each body type. It was an informative and interesting session, allowing me to learn more about how practicing yoga can be beneficial and even help with certain problems like asthma and back problems. 

Throughout these two days, I learnt more about yoga than I ever did with the help of Google. So my advice for those who have been fascinated with yoga(like I did with all those beautiful poses) or issues with back problems(scoliosis), etc, give it a shot with good yoga schools such as Tirisula Yoga. It is more rewarding than you think ;)
Many thanks to these awesome sponsors (Rachel K, Fitness Grocer, Provenance Distributions, Infuusa, Belief)  and the wonderful people (Master Weiling, Master Paalu, Pamela & more) at Tirisula Yoga for making this workshop possible!
Here's a treat for those who are interested to practice yoga, click on the image or here for more information and to register! Don't miss this great opportunity :)

Tirisula Yoga
80B Arab Street
Singapore 199777
Contact: 6299 5181
Email: info@tirisulayoga.com
Address: 62A Arab Street 
Singapore 199777 
Contact: 6299 5191 /  8518 4900 
Email: info@tirisulayoga.com

Just so you don't get mixed up, there are 2 locations that are just 2-3 minutes away from each other and one of them is a retail shop, do check out the variety of merchandise they have there too :)
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…