Skip to main content

Beautiful Hair with Covo Singapore

If you all still remember, I got my hair done at Covo Singapore two months ago and there were quite a few compliments about my hair though the change was subtle. I mean it is good to start small and slowly work one's way up isn't it? Plus, I'm afraid I might regret if I go for a drastic change that isn't advisable for my hair condition. That's why having a good hair stylist, who knows your hair condition well, is important to get that beautiful hair you've always dream of.

With that, I'm exhilarated to be collaborating with Covo Singapore and have a great hair stylist like Yoshi-san to give me advice on the hair styles I wish to adopt and work out something that won't cause too mush damage to my hair. For those who are still not familiar with this brand, Covo Singapore is a Japanese hair salon with highly skilled Japanese stylists that have years of experience and they can communicate in English as well. If you want quality service with various styles to choose from, this is definitely the place to visit!
My hair condition still look pretty good from the previous time I did my hair treatment and the length was alright so this time round, I wanted more obvious colour but still work appropriate at the same time. I was reading up on hair trends and I came across something called babylights, a subtle highlighting to enhance your current hair colour and make it look more healthy.
Like before, my hair condition is still not recommended for bleaching so I let Yoshi-san decide on the colour to use and if possible replicate the babylights look. He chose to use brown, the exact tone of it I'm not sure, to highlight certain parts excluding the part that I dyed on the previous session.

As usual, the salon was buzzing with various Japanese conversation going on between the stylists and their customers. The whole time I was there, I noticed that me and another guy were the only Singaporeans; further confirmed that this is a trusted brand among Japanese customers!
Hair treatment was done next to keep my hair frizz-free. And I have to say Yoshi-san has strong, capable hands, the previous hair washes I had at other salons were incomparable to this. It was so relaxing that I had to try and keep myself awake to enjoy the wonderful head massage.

This was the picture that I didn't managed to take the previous time I was there, their hair treatments were done in this manner so you get to relax after a good hair wash. If you only had lunch break to spare, I highly recommend the hair treatment to pamper & re-energize yourself and take a short nap before going back to work!
I was getting so comfy with the hair wash and treatment that I found it too short! Reluctantly, I followed Yoshi-san back to my seat to get my hair blow dried and to do a little styling. Tongs were used once again so I was planning on getting perm on my next visit so do keep checking back to see if I did get it done alright? :p
Here's the final look! Not too sure if it can be classified as babylights because I didn't manage to highlight the top portion of my hair but the curls made the end result look so pretty! This was not only work appropriate but added more colour to my hair, checked both items on my list; Yoshi-san did it once again!
Soft tresses under the natural light, the more obvious brown is from the previous session :)

I can't stop raving how awesome the service and skills they have to offer so why not experience it for yourself? Here's a promotion for everyone who has not visited COVO Hair Salon before,
quote my name(Candy)/blog(that-randomgirl.blogspot.com) &

*Just for the month of November 2014, get 30% off hair services on your 1st visit!
(Not valid with product purchases)

COVO Hair Salon
Website | Facebook | Instagram
43 Keong Saik Road
Singapore 089147
(Near Outram Park MRT)

Tel: 6221 4585

Opening Hours:
Mon- Fri 9am - 8pm
Sat, Sun, PH 10am - 7pm

Good news to those who work in the central business district, Covo Singapore will be opening a new outlet at Tanjong Pagar on 1st November! Time to book an appointment to get some pampering for those tresses after work hours or get a relaxing hair wash/treatment during lunch break :)

COVO Hair Salon
32 Tanjong Pagar Road
Singapore 088453
(Near Duxton Hill Entrance)

Tel: 6225 9706

Opening Hours:
Mon, Wed- Fri 10am-8pm
Sat, Sun, PH 10am -7pm
(Closed on Tues)

In celebration of the new opening as well as Covo's 2nd anniversary, lucky draw will be conducted at both salons for all customers. It is a sure-win lucky draw and you stand a chance of winning 50% off your next hair service or some of their products!

More Posts on Covo Singapore:
Aug 2014 - First Visit to COVO Singapore
Jan 2015 - Newest Addition: Kerasilk Keratin Treatment 
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Guide to KORAIL's O Train & V Train

Sightseeing trains are gaining popularity in Korea and it is one of the things you have to try when you're there! Today I'll be sharing on O Train & V Train which started its operations sightly more than a year ago on April 2013. These trains journey through Korea's inland valleys with the O-train looping around the central inland region, running through the provinces of Chungcheongbuk-do, Gangwon-do, and Gyeongsangbuk-do. While the V-train, connecting Buncheon in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province and Cheolam in Gangwon-do Province, runs through scenic valleys. Detailed information on these trains can be found on VisitKorea.

I realized there is a lack of information on the site as to how you can purchase the tickets online or offline and how to best plan the route if you would like to take both trains plus return to Seoul on the same day. So here's a simple post on how I purchased my tickets on the spot and the mistake I made(and you can avoid if you read this post), but …