Skip to main content

Review: Bioré Micellar Cleansing Water

Before being introduced to cleansing waters, there's a misconception that cleansing water is hardly sufficient as a makeup remover. I have always relied on makeup removers with an oil content and it can get abit troublesome at times, having to wash the oiliness off with a facial cleanser.
It wasn't until recently, I got the chance to try out cleansing water and this time round with Biore's Micellar Cleansing Water that I realized I have been wrong the whole time. Biore, the No. 1 makeup remover brand in Singapore and Japan, has recently expanded its makeup remover selection through the launch of the New Biore Micellar Cleansing Water, a water-based Makeup Remover that has high cleansing abilities yet gentle enough for all skin types.

What makes it different from the products I have used before is use of watery micellar technology to produce this lightweight and refreshing makeup remover. It is made with natural mineral water from the Northern Japanese Alps, which is also:
- Oil free
- Fragrance free
- Alcohol free
- Colorant free
- Non-comedogenic (does not clog pores)
- Allergy and opthalmologst tested
- Enriched collagen & white tea extract
Time to put it to the test!

How to use:
Pump an appropriate amount onto a cotton pad, about 2-3 pumps is sufficient. Use soaked cotton pad to gently wipe off makeup. No rinsing required.
For eye makeup, place soaked cotton pad onto closed eyes and hold for 5 seconds before gently wiping off. Repeat until all makeup is removed, and cotton pad is cleaned.
Products I had on were: Base, Foundation, Concealer, Blusher, Eyebrow Powder, Eyeshadow, Fake Eyelashes, Mascara and Lipstick.
With just one swipe, I'm surprised that it managed to remove most of my makeup! It even dissolved the glue that was used to hold my fake eyelashes in place, making it easier to remove so no major tugging was needed to get rid of the leftover glue on my eyelids.
It was a breeze removing makeup with Biore Micellar Cleansing Water, I liked how it is gentle on skin and yet removes the makeup well, leaving a refreshing, non-sticky feeling after use. The only problem I faced was the removal of mascara, it did take slightly longer time to do it and waterproof mascara was not entirely removed. There were still some tiny traces that I had to use a separate remover but other that that, I really loved this!
Biore Micellar Cleansing Water also has anti-bacterial formula to help prevent pimples and breakouts and at the same time minimises pores for a clearer, more refined complexion. Just what I needed! You can use this on lazy days and add on some moisturiser as rinsing is not required before going to bed or follow through with your usual skincare regime after :)

This is currently available at all pharmacies, hypermarkets, supermarkets and major departmental stores at $18.90/300ml.

More details of this product can be found on SampleStore too! It is out on their new site, do check it out ;)
thatrandomgirlღ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…