Skip to main content

COVO Singapore

Imagine my excitement when I received an invitation to get my hair done at COVO Hair Salon! I have heard so much rave on this Japanese hair salon that I can't wait to visit! Ever since my horrible hair experience with a few hair salons in the past, I try not to step into one which resulted in really long and dry hair from the lack of pampering.

Sometimes I wished that I had a good hair stylist that I can always rely on but no, I have never met one that I liked. I did consider heading to hair salon to get the best solution for my hair condition but it worries me that the hair stylist might not give the result I want or even worse, damage my hair. As much as I love my long hair, seeing the dry strands is quite upsetting. What's the point of having long but not beautiful straight hair?
So when COVO invited me to get my hair done, it was like a wish come true. There is so much good reviews on Japanese hair stylists and COVO that this might be the hair salon I have been looking for. Last look at my waist long hair before I get it trimmed!
I was so excited in getting a change for my hair that I forgot to take a proper picture of the shop. Apologies for that, anyway I got this picture from Google Maps/COVO Singapore. COVO (which means "a hiding place" in Italian) is located at 43 Keong Saik Road, next to boutique hotel Naumi Liora and Keong Siak Snacks.
The layout of the salon is simple with minimal design yet comforting. I can't help but notice the walls and tiles at just like what I have at home, and each individual seat has a separator wall that not only gives some privacy and space but also makes it easier for the stylists to focus on their customer without that much distraction. There is also a side table and basket where belongings can be kept while one enjoy the services by professional hair stylists.

Yoshi was my hair stylist for the day and the session started off with a short introduction before discussing about the hairstyle and colour I wanted to do. I wanted a more drastic change with tones of brown and pink but was advised against as my hair was rather dry and such colouring might make it worse. I liked how upfront he was and tried his best to accommodate my requests while taking my hair condition into consideration. After much contemplation, we settled on trimming 4 inches of my hair and colouring a small section of my hair. It wasn't what I wanted but I do like how it turned out, more pictures below :)
While waiting for the hair dye to set, I noticed the customers around me were speaking in Japanese, and I later found out that majority of their customers were Japanese! It just shows how trusted this brand is in Singapore. Here's where my hair was coloured and after my hair was trimmed.

After the hair colouring, I was brought over to get a hair wash and treatment. The hair wash was done using carbonated spring water shampoo, which helps to remove extra oil or sebum on scalp, at no extra cost! Oh and I have to mention I enjoyed the hair treatment! Unlike most hair salons, the hair treatment was done after the hair wash and while you're still lying down. So much more comfortable than sitting and you can take a short nap too :p
Like most Japanese, Yoshi is friendly, approachable and funny, look at the face he made while I was taking a selfie! I found out that Yoshi is thirty this year and has been in this industry for 10 years though he just started at COVO Singapore 3 months ago. He looked so young for someone who had been in the industry for this long. His level of English proficiency is good as he had worked in New York before. Although I took up Japanese lessons before, I returned most of my knowledge to my teacher and couldn't hold a proper conversation in Japanese. What a pity, I will probably brush up on my Japanese before heading there for future touch ups/treatment!
I didn't want my fringe to be trimmed at first but I decided to let Yoshi do his thing and I liked how the fringe turned out. My hair is on the thinner side which means I can't have a thick bangs look but this is not bad too. Ended off the session with some curls, so doll-like :)
Thanks Yoshi and also Emi of COVO Singapore for your awesome service and skills, love my new hair now! I would love to go back there for more hair pampering in the future :))

Last but not least, here's a promotion for everyone who has not visited COVO Hair Salon before,
quote my name/blog &

*Get 20% off hair services on your 1st visit!
(Not valid with product purchases)

COVO Hair Salon
Website | Facebook
43 Keong Saik road
Singapore 089147
(Near Outram Park MRT)

Tel: 6221 4585

Opening Hours:
Mon- Fri 9am - 10pm
Sat, Sun, PH 10am - 7pm
(They've just changed their operating hours so you can now visit them on any day you wish!)

More posts on Covo Singapore:
Nov 2014 - Covo's 2nd Anniversary & New Outlet opening! 
Jan 2015 - Newest Addition: Kerasilk Keratin Treatment 
thatrandomgirlღ

Comments

  1. Hi!! Your hair looks nice! :-)

    Followed you, follow back!!! ♥ http://czarinabear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!
    Looking great and awesome.Your blog is really very nice and informative and interesting to all readers.Thanks a lot for sharing such kind of information!!!
    best hair salon singapore | hair salon singapore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…