Skip to main content

Review: Curél Sebum Care

Do you know that excess sebum can aggravate skin sensitivity? I'm surprised that there are actually a lot of people who have both conditions – skin sensitivity and oily skin. I thought I was among the minority with such a condition, and for many, they tend to place more emphasis on choosing products that help with their skin sensitivity. It is expensive to get a good product that suits both conditions and most of the time I just went with products meant for oily skin and the results aren't good either.

The truth is excess sebum generated will deteriorate as skin gets more alkaline, turning into irritants to cause flare-ups within the skin layers. Hence it is important to choose products that effectively control skin sensitivity while reducing sebum secretion from the source. Here's where I'll introduce you the latest range of products from Curél that I've been trying for quite sometimes and my skin seems to be doing pretty well with it so far!
Curél, Japan’s No. 1 brand for sensitive Asian skin, introduces a new skincare range specially formulated for sensitive and oily or combination skin types. The Curél Sebum Care range - comprising a Foaming Wash, Lotion and Moisture Gel - offers the skincare essentials to properly manage both skin sensitivity and sebum secretion.

I have actually been noticing their brand for awhile and it is such great news when they released this new range! The previous ranges of products focuses more on sensitive skin but my issue is both sensitive, acne-prone and oily skin so I didn't try them at all.
Anyway, back to the Sebum Care range, the packaging of this range is simple just like the brand itself, with more focus on the actual benefits the products will bring. Curél Sebum Care range is dermatologically tested, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, colorant-free, allergy-tested and non-comedogenic(doesn't clog pores).

Sequence of usage starts from removal of makeup before using the foaming wash to cleanse any remaining makeup or excess sebum and dirt from skin, followed by applying the lotion then moisture gel to control & regulate sebum secretion, replenish & retain ceramide for a more resilient skin barrier function.
Step 1: Sebum Care Foaming Wash
Ultra fine foam with sebum solvent to thoroughly cleanse dirt and excess sebum while protecting ceramide.

Fluffy foam that only requires gentle massage to effectively remove the excess sebum & oil from my skin. I find one pump is more than enough to cleanse my face.
Step 2: Sebum Care Lotion
Non-sticky formula prepares skin for better absorption of moisturiser/essence that is used after the lotion.

I find this to be lightweight and watery so I find it better to apply with both hands then gently pat into skin for faster adsorption.
Step 3: Sebum Care Moisture Gel
Liquid-based gel spreads easily for speedy absorption into deeper layers of skin without leaving skin sticky.

This slightly cloudy liquid-based gel is easy to spread and apply, skin feel hydrated and slightly sticky after application but it's still acceptable.
(Sorry you have to see my horrible skin closeup, the after picture on the right has slightly lesser pimples!)
After trying for sometime, my skin seems to like this product range, the liquid-based products are easily adsorbed into the skin and though there is a slight stickiness after the last step, it doesn't really matter as the products really works to help decrease the breakouts with lesser cases of pimples appearing. However, it's not a product to reduce pores or removes blackheads so you have to ignore the horrible parts of my skin. And for the sebum control I still need to use for a longer period to evaluate the effectiveness. I would definitely continue using this range and recommend to people with sensitive, acne-prone skin condition to try them out!

If you're curious about this and would like to know even more, you can visit the following links for more information: https://web.kao.com/sg/curel/ or https://www.facebook.com/Curel.SG :)

Price ranges from $19.80/150ml for Curel Sebum Care Foaming Wash, $24.90/150ml for Curel Sebum Care Lotion, $34.90/120ml for Curel Sebum Care Moisture Gel.
thatrandomgirlღ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…