Skip to main content

Review: To-gather Cafe

To-gather Cafe
Blk 84 Bedok North Street 4, #01-27, Singapore, 460084

Just the other day, I was having trouble deciding where to go for dinner with my gfs. It is difficult to find a place that is not only convenient and at the same time suit each of our cravings. So I happened to chance upon To-gather Cafe when I was at Blk 85 for supper  the day before. I did a Google search for reviews and it seemed like a good place to chill with friends and family!
Without much hesitation, we settled on this cafe for our dinner. We got there at around 7plus, stood at the entrance for awhile but nobody served us so we decided to sit ourselves down. The indoor seating areas were filled up with the dinnertime crowd so we took a table outside. Thankfully it wasn't warm that day. While we were studying the menu, a staff finally noticed us and told us that the orders and payment has to be made inside before the dishes will be served.
The prices stated are all inclusive of gst and service charges so the prices are rather affordable. Plus, you can get free refillable lemon water next to the counter so you can save on the drinks! We tried one of the drinks and lets just say it wasn't worth the price. 
Pork Corden Bleu was the first dish to be served and it smelled so good! As the name suggests, it wasn't just pork cutlet alone but with cheese and ham stuffed inside. The pork cutlet was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Cheese oozes out when we first cut into it but it hardens within minutes, which I think was the effect of using cheese slices. I think it would be better if the cheese was springy, like those on pizza if you know what I mean. 

We were almost done with the first dish and the next one wasn't served yet! The tables around us were getting the dish even though they got there later than us. Apparently they forgotten about our order until we reminded one of the staffs about it. The staff was apologetic and the dish was served almost immediately after we informed them. On top of that, they gave us a free drink to make up for it, which we didn't expect but it was really nice of them to do this!
The Grilled Pandan Chicken Chop was my favourite for that day, I'm definitely going back another day to have this again. The chicken was well-cooked, tender and the pandan sauce compliments the chicken well. The pineapple cubes further enhanced the taste with every bite, a refreshing change from the normal chicken chops out there.

As for the drink, it was rather sweet and tasted just like water with powder mix, it just didn't go well with any of the dishes, rather disappointing I would say. But hey, it was free so it might not even be on the menu, maybe I would try a drink the next time I'm there for their awesome chicken chop :)

We didn't manged to try their desserts as we had somewhere else in mind so overall I would say it was a good place to dine with affordable main courses and acceptable service. It would be great if you could make a reservation before heading down to avoid disappointment. While we were there, we saw at least 2 groups of people leaving due to the indoor seating areas being booked.
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Guide to KORAIL's O Train & V Train

Sightseeing trains are gaining popularity in Korea and it is one of the things you have to try when you're there! Today I'll be sharing on O Train & V Train which started its operations sightly more than a year ago on April 2013. These trains journey through Korea's inland valleys with the O-train looping around the central inland region, running through the provinces of Chungcheongbuk-do, Gangwon-do, and Gyeongsangbuk-do. While the V-train, connecting Buncheon in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province and Cheolam in Gangwon-do Province, runs through scenic valleys. Detailed information on these trains can be found on VisitKorea.

I realized there is a lack of information on the site as to how you can purchase the tickets online or offline and how to best plan the route if you would like to take both trains plus return to Seoul on the same day. So here's a simple post on how I purchased my tickets on the spot and the mistake I made(and you can avoid if you read this post), but …