Skip to main content

Review: Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion in Magic Mint

An exciting new product will be coming to Singapore soon! I'm a huge fan of Korean beauty products, be it skincare or cosmetics, because of its affordability and innovative products that are suitable for Asian skin like mine! I do have a couple of items from Etude House that I have yet to review, will try my best to get them done after my exams so do keep checking back on my blog :))

If you have been following Etude House Global, you would have seen this new product. And it has been launched in Korea. As for Singapore, the last I heard was probably in May!
First off, thank you Etude House Singapore for the chance to join this special mission in testing this awesome new product! I'm not sponsored for this; it just so happen that I got chosen among the many applications and you have no idea how excited I was when I saw this! I'm truly grateful for this opportunity! :)

So you might be wondering, what's with that picture above? That was taken on that day after my visit to Etude House's office and I only had the base (Magic Any Cushion) together with some loose powder on, yet my skin looked so healthy and almost flawless? Haha, ignore the colour makeup because the main point is my skin, no photoshop was done to remove any redness or pores or pimples and no concealer was used. I have yet to find the perfect concealer so usually I just go without one.

Are you impressed yet? Maybe I should tell you more about the product first!
The full name of this product is Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion, a rather long name for a product but that's kinda what I like about Korean products too :) This resembles a mix between their Precious Mineral Any Cushion and Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base, both of which I didn't managed to try before this. I probably don't need to because the combination of the two seems good enough for me!
At the first look, the compact might seem alittle bulky, but it comes with a big mirror which justifies the size. I dislike small mirrors that can be difficult to get a good look at times. Anyway, it is all in one with mirror, puff and cushion so it is ideal for travels and touchups on the go. I like how the additional white cover helps to separate the puff and at the same time keep the cushion moist. The pretty compact in pastel green reminds me of macaron too! Etude House's product packaging has always been pretty, princessy and cute which is a plus point for me :)
(Picture extracted from cosmetic love)
Magic Any Cushion is moisture-rich multi colour cushion of SPF34/PA+  and here are the shades available, you can choose one or mix between the three if you have these skin concerns:
Magic Pink: Pale Skin
Magic Mint: Covering redness
Magic Peach: Brightening
As I'm more concerned with the redness on my cheeks, I was given Magic Mint shade to try. It is a multi-functional tone up base cushion so you can use it on its own or with some loose powder over it. The colour of this base is light green and smells really good, doesn't exactly smell like mint though.

The texture is light and easy to spread on skin just by gently dabbing, starting from the inner corner of cheeks. You can control the amount of product you need just by how hard you press the cushion and I usually start with light dabs, a little goes a long way!

On work days which I don't require makeup at all, I would just use it on its own as it not only protects my skin from the harmful UV rays, it also helps to lighten the redness, even out my skin tone and make my pores less visible. It is only on days where I have to attend events that I put on another layer of loose powder for better coverage. In both scenarios, I don't touchup and the base/makeup can last till I get home about 9 hours later! My face does appear alittle oily instead of dewy after 6 hours or so but it doesn't bother me that much since I will be home soon :x
This was how my skin look with just one layer of the base, both pictures were taken under natural light without photoshop. The after might appear too bright due to the angle of picture taken but the product is really good!

Yes I know I have huge pores, and I'm still looking for an affordable way to get rid of them! Anyway, with the use of Magic Any Cushion, you can see that my skin tone brightened up, with reduction in the pores and slight redness of my cheeks on that day. It does give a dewy look which is trending in Korea now, so if you're going for natural with dewy look, this is the product to try! The coverage is more of light to medium in my opinion but you can control how much you need to cover the flaws.

Even though the coverage is buildable, if too much is used, your face might appear too ghostly white. It would be better to use some loose powder for better coverage. Oh and one more thing, it does have moisturising and cooling effect once applied which is rather refreshing on warm weather. Haha.

I might try another colour if I have the chance to, but for now, this will be in my makeup pouch for daily use! :)
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

  1. Does this whiten skin a lot ^^ ? I am really into brightened / whitened skin almost vampire like so just wondering if I should buy it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I think it does brighten quite a bit but not to the point of vampire-like white. More towards a shade lighter than current skin tone. Haha

      Delete
  2. I browsed Etude House and was told it was a new product and I was actually planning to get the Magic Mint one since I already own their Magic BB Cushion and CC cream so I knew the products were good . I have some worries that , as you mention , after 6 hours or more (depending on the skin type) , the dewy finish might become oily and that isn't something I'd want because I already have oily/combination skin :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same skin type as you! I think you will just have to blot away the oil after 6 hours. I haven't found a product that can effectively control oil for the whole day :/

      Delete
  3. The Magic Mint makes your skin look so dewy & glossy~ ^ w ^
    I am hoping to try the Magic Pink soon! ^ u ^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Guide to KORAIL's O Train & V Train

Sightseeing trains are gaining popularity in Korea and it is one of the things you have to try when you're there! Today I'll be sharing on O Train & V Train which started its operations sightly more than a year ago on April 2013. These trains journey through Korea's inland valleys with the O-train looping around the central inland region, running through the provinces of Chungcheongbuk-do, Gangwon-do, and Gyeongsangbuk-do. While the V-train, connecting Buncheon in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province and Cheolam in Gangwon-do Province, runs through scenic valleys. Detailed information on these trains can be found on VisitKorea.

I realized there is a lack of information on the site as to how you can purchase the tickets online or offline and how to best plan the route if you would like to take both trains plus return to Seoul on the same day. So here's a simple post on how I purchased my tickets on the spot and the mistake I made(and you can avoid if you read this post), but …