Skip to main content

Lush Singapore - Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

Yes you read it right, fresh handmade cosmetics! Lush believes in making effective products from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics. Their products are invented by themselves and comes with little or no preservatives/packaging! Thanks to Zoe for bringing me to the event; I got to learn more about their brand and experience how they produce one of their Christmas products: Rudolph Fresh Face Mask.


The exact ingredients used are all shown here, no additional preservatives and everything is fresh/organic! Most of which you can get from the market to create your very own mask too. I have yet to try out any DIY masks, will do this once I'm done with my exams!


Bloggers were asked to try out with the mixing of ingredients and it did take alittle more effort to do as the handheld mixer wasn't that easy to operate but I think Debbie and Ratna did pretty well. From this short demo, I appreciate how much effort Lush put into creating fresh handmade cosmetics to bring to their customers. They even mentioned that the vegetables used are fresh, organic without any usage of pesticides!


The end result of the Rudolph mask that each of us get to bring home! I can't wait to try mine out ;) This is one of their limited edition masks that is only available during Christmas season so be sure to grab this if have dry, irritated skin. The nourishing ingredients like calamine, lavender & oatmeal, soothes and softens your skin, while fresh mint and cucumber revitalize and replenish skin’s radiance.


Following this, Lush taught us how to wrap our gifts in a practical way! Square pieces of cloth/scarf can be used to turn into functional bags such as the cute backpack worn by the bear in the above picture, It's a good way to save on unnecessary materials and the cloth can be used for other purposes too! A great gift wrapping method we can all use to reduce & reuse!


The day ended with this lovely goodies from Lush Singapore! Mine consists of the Melting Snowman, Star Light, Star Bright, Snowman Bath Bomb, Ponche and Rudolph Mask. All these Christmas goodies smell so good; lovely treats to pamper my skin on gloomy days or even on days that needed an extra boost! I can't wait to try all these out! :)

Melting Snowman is a bath melt that is designed to melt at body temperature, so when I got home it was in the state of melting, all soft and doughy, I had to put this in the fridge before it melts even further! It comes with blend of cinnamon and clove oils. The natural oils present in the melt will help to soften and moisturize skin.

Star Light, Star Bright is my favourite out of the bath melts/bombs! It's so pretty that I can't bear to use it; a shimmery star with shea butter fondant center that is rich and moisturising, creating a soft and creamy bath. It also comes with ginger and lime oil to give an extra boost to soften dry skin!

Snowman Bath Bomb is made with the same vanilla fragrance as Butterball Bath Bomb, containing cocoa butter which creates a moisturising, creamy soft bath that is great for nourishing and protecting your skin.

Ponche Shower Gel is a festive new shower gel with the fruit punch scent of petigrain, buchu and davana oils, and it does come with a shot of tequila which makes it even more interesting and helps to wake up your skin! This shower gel is good to soften skin while lifting up your mood on dull mornings with it's fruity, boozy scent; it could probably chase away your Monday blues too ;)


Wide variety of soaps, cleansers, shower gels, bath bombs/melts to cater to different likes and needs of customers. I'm already eyeing on some other treats once I'm finished with mine. One that I really liked is Honey I Washed The Kids; it's one of Lush's best selling soaps too. It comes with a sweet caramel fragrance that is simply irresistible, probably attract bees if you used that ;)

You have to drop by Lush Singapore at Wisma Atria or Suntec City if you haven't been there! I think these pampering treats would make good gifts for birthdays, anniversaries or special occasions too!
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…