Skip to main content

We're the Millers Date Night @ GV Marina

About a week ago, Golden Village organized a date night featuring the sneak preview of We're the Millers movie in collaboration with Bellabox and Marina Square. Golden Village tend to have such events from time to time but I didn't managed to attend due to work and late screening of the movies.

What attracted me to this particular date night is the Bellabox! I haven't gotten the chance to own one so took the opportunity to get my hands on one through this event. Moreover, I find that it was quite value for money; a pair of tickets + bellabox + $10 dining voucher + popcorn combo for $33.50 including booking fee :)

Everything was pretty hassle-free, from collection of tickets to goodie bags and popcorn combo, it was well-organized and thanks GV for the picture :)

 

Frankly speaking, I didn't have much expectations for this movie, didn't even watched the trailer before I booked the tickets but it turned out to be one of the best comedies I watched this year. It was surprisingly entertaining; quite a few creative and funny jokes throughout the movie. Here's a synopsis if you haven't heard of this movie:

David Clark (Sudeikis) is a small-time pot dealer whose clientele includes chefs and soccer moms, but no kids - after all, he has his scruples. So what could go wrong? Plenty. Preferring to keep a low profile for obvious reasons, he learns the hard way that no good deed goes unpunished when he tries to help out some local teens and winds up getting jumped by a trio of gutter punks. Stealing his stash and his cash, they leave him in major debt to his supplier, Brad (Ed Helms). In order to wipe the slate clean - and maintain a clean bill of health - David must now become a big-time drug smuggler by bringing Brad's latest shipment in from Mexico. Twisting the arms of his neighbors, cynical stripper Rose (Aniston) and wannabe customer Kenny (Will Poulter), as well as streetwise teen Casey (Emma Roberts), he devises a foolproof plan. One fake wife, two pretend kids and a huge, shiny RV later, the "Millers" are headed south of the border for a Fourth of July weekend that is sure to end with a bang.


4/5 hearts for We're the Millers ^^

 

Sneak peek into the special Bellabox prepared for date night! 
The pretty design of the box reminds me of Singapore Airlines, can't stop looking at it once I received it. This box contained products meant for guys and ladies to share and it included brands from Bioderma, Billy Jealousy, Veet, Mont Blanc, Loreal and Kiehl's. 

Among all the items, I like Mont Blanc Legend toilette the most. An extract from ulta.com: "The fragrance has depth, modernity and the right amount of discreet mysteriousness." The fragrance isn't overwhelming and smells extremely sexy, like what confident businessman would wear. I can't stop smelling this, going to get him to use this next time ;)

The other items will be given to him soon so I can't comment much on those. One other item I tried was the Loreal Elseve extraordinary oil; that small sachet was just nice for my waist length hair. It can be used before washing your hair to prep it for intense hydration or after to protect your hair from the heat damage caused by hair dryers. I chose to use it before I washed my hair because of the nature of the product. Oily/sticky feeling after application of products doesn't appeal to me so I probably won't get this again. It does make my hair slightly more manageable in terms of lesser tangles after wash but the oiliness on hands after application is a turn-off, need to use quite a bit of soap to get that feeling off my hands.

Not only that, I read various reviews that this product tends to dry up hair in the long run so not recommended to purchase! If anyone wants to try this product, I still have 1-2 samples left, can email me or leave a comment :)
thatrandomgirlįƒ¦

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Guide to KORAIL's O Train & V Train

Sightseeing trains are gaining popularity in Korea and it is one of the things you have to try when you're there! Today I'll be sharing on O Train & V Train which started its operations sightly more than a year ago on April 2013. These trains journey through Korea's inland valleys with the O-train looping around the central inland region, running through the provinces of Chungcheongbuk-do, Gangwon-do, and Gyeongsangbuk-do. While the V-train, connecting Buncheon in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province and Cheolam in Gangwon-do Province, runs through scenic valleys. Detailed information on these trains can be found on VisitKorea.

I realized there is a lack of information on the site as to how you can purchase the tickets online or offline and how to best plan the route if you would like to take both trains plus return to Seoul on the same day. So here's a simple post on how I purchased my tickets on the spot and the mistake I made(and you can avoid if you read this post), but …