Skip to main content

Review: Chock Full of Beans

(Image taken from CFOB Facebook)
Chock Full of Beans 
Blk 4 Changi Village Road #01-2090, Singapore 500004

This cafe has been raved by many and I finally had the chance to try it on Friday with my lovely girlfriends! Changi Village isn't somewhere I would usually go as it can be rather inconvenient if you don't drive; but it's better than going to Town where it's always packed with people. This area is much quieter and there wasn't much crowd on a Friday evening.

The cafe is tucked in a corner along a stretch of shops and was rather quiet for a Friday evening. Initially, I was worried we couldn't get seats for the 4 of us as no reservations were made. We got there at around 7.30pm and the place was only 40% filled. It looked smaller than what I imagined but it was cosy. The staffs were alert and friendly; allowed us to change our seats though the place was slowly filling up by 8pm.

I find the prices rather steep, ranging from $16-$18 for a pasta and considering that the cafe wasn't located in a town area. There were limited choices for dinner, only pasta or pizza as I find that sandwiches weren't that filling and I didn't find much reviews on their dinner menu too.

After much consideration, I went with Spaghetti and Beef Meatballs while my girlfriends ordered spaghetti with seafood and poached egg respectively. I can't remember the exact names of the dishes and I forgot to take a picture of the menu! How forgetful of me. As for our drinks, we each ordered Hazelnut Latte, Caramel Macchiato and Honey Matcha Latte. What drew me to the cafe was the latte art and they did what we requested which really made my day! :)

From left, Caramel Macchiato, Hazelnut Latte and Honey Matcha Latte


Another closeup of my Caramel Macchiato, with the adorable minion :)


Everything was served within 15 minutes which was really fast; here's a picture of our food with the drinks!


My set: Caramel Macchiato ($5.50 regular) and Spaghetti with Beef Meatballs ($17)

The spaghetti with beef meatballs was surprisingly good. I didn't expect much from this as the previous one I had at Pasta Mania was a disaster. The spaghetti was well-cooked, not too hard or soft and mixed well with the sauce. Beef meatballs were the highlight of this dish and it was cooked to the right texture, not too dry and it was really good with the spaghetti; thinking of it makes me hungry. It's like the more you eat, the better it gets. The food were of a right portion to fill you but not to the point you will get sick of eating it.

As for the Caramel Macchiato, I have to say it disappointed me. The sweetness was just right but it tasted like normal instant coffee with milk. I guess I didn't make a right choice as my gfs love their coffees. I shall try something else the next time I'm there for brunch!

Overall, it was a good experience, from friendly staffs to cosy area for good food and coffee. The latte arts are just so irresistible; I'm already thinking of what I should get for my next trip!
thatrandomgirlღ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…