Skip to main content

Review: Luxury Babe Contact Lens

Today I'll be sharing my all-time favourite contact lens! Luxury Babe is a subsidiary of Super Barbie, which I think is from Malaysia. Their site isn't very clear with the information but they are based in Malaysia. From the pictures, I think they just repackage the lens as all of them are made in Korea and the designs are similar to other brands such as I.Fairy. Nevertheless, I have been using them for more than a year and everything is fine(thankfully).

I know buying contact lens from online sources are risky, so it's important to do a research on the brand of contact lens you're buying, at least look for some kind of reviews to ensure that they are safe and not imitations from China. Sometimes it's may not be the brand of contact lens that cause eye infections, but the way you handle your lens. Some examples include: using tap water as solution to soak the lenses, wearing them overnight, not cleaning them properly before/after wearing them, etc. Do take good care of your contact lens if you're wearing them very often like I do!

Some important steps that I will always do before I wear them:
1. Gently rub and rinse the contact lens with solution for about 5 secs
2. Soak them in solution for at least 5 minutes
3. Take them out and rinse them with solution again to remove any dirt/dust before drying and wearing them

I'm using Solocare, one of the most reliable brands after the incident of Bausch & Lomb ReNu contact lens solution being removed from the market in 2006. I can't believe I have been using contact lens for so long, just realized that when I googled for the article.
 photo DSCF0854.jpg
 photo DSCF0858.jpg
 photo DSCF0860.jpg
Anyway, Luxury Babe contact lens is an improved version of Super Barbie Contact Lens. It's more comfortable than Super Barbie and stays moist longer; it could last me for more than 12 hours even though it's not recommended to do so. Sometimes it's just to troublesome to bring specs out to change, especially when you're using a clutch or your bag is already filled with other necessities! This time round I got Luxury 14 in pink, a floral designed contact lens.

I felt that the colour is lighter than what I expected, makes my eyes look alittle scary at times. I'm wondering if I should stick to plain normal designs with brown shades to prevent making bad choices again! I still have another pair in red hearts, can't wait to try that though. I'm hoping it will give a better result than this.
 photo DSCF0869.jpg
Frankly speaking, I feel like getting a couple more pairs though I still have 2 pairs that can last me at least 1 year. If anyone is interested, do leave a comment, we could share the shipping from Malaysia to Singapore which costs $20 ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…