Skip to main content

Review: Bausch + Lomb HD SofLens® Daily Disposables

Contact lenses are considered medical devices and can be worn to correct vision or for cosmetic reasons. In my case, it's for cosmetic reasons; I dislike wearing spectacles as it slips down all the time and I think I look horribly nerdy in them. So I started wearing contact lenses 4 years ago and it helped to correct my eyesight too! Before I started using them, my degree increased slowly over the years till 650/550 degrees respectively. About a year ago, I had to check them to get new contact lenses and I'm pleasantly surprised that after using them for about 3 years, my degrees for both sides decreased by 100 degrees, leaving them at 550/450! :)
Being more than a year since I last checked my eyes and that there's advertisement for trial contact lenses and free eye examination, I took the opportunity to get them done.

What's Bausch + Lomb HD SofLens® Daily Disposables?
All-Day Outstanding Vision Only Bausch + Lomb SofLens® Daily Disposable contact lenses come with High Definition™ Optics, a patented technology that delivers outstanding vision.
• Provides rich contrast and vivid colour
• Offers crisp, clear vision in low light condition
• Reduces the appearance of halos and glare

Personal Experience
After registering online, details on the collection is sent through email & sms. It is stated in the email that collection is only valid for 7 days and we should call before going down but knowing that optical shops are usually empty even on weekends, I just went without calling. Upon visiting the store for collection(it was empty just as what I expected), I was told to fill in my details and my degrees were checked. After which, the lady opened a pair for me to try on before the eye examination in order to determine if the contact lenses are suitable for my eyes.

I have to say that it's really difficult to put them on, as it's much softer and doesn't fit in properly as compared to the usual yearly Luxury contact lenses that I use. It took me 4 tries to put them in :( We then proceeded to the eye examination room where she checked the suitability of the contact lenses for my eyes and she mentioned that it doesn't fit as well so I shouldn't wear them for longer than 8 hours. The whole process took less than 30 minutes and the experience at the optical shop (Pearl's Visioncare - Bedok Point) is relatively good as the staffs were polite, patient and helpful especially when I had trouble holding them and putting them in.

So I went back with 4 pairs of  Bausch + Lomb HD SofLens® Daily Disposables in total as 1 pair was worn on the spot already. After wearing them for a couple of hours, I guessed it's time for my review. On my way home today, I noticed that everything appeared to be more vivid and clear, not sure if it's a psychological thing or that the contact lenses are as it claims. However, I have to say that it isn't very comfortable as it feels dry just after 2 hours of wearing them. Usually when I wear yearly lenses, it will be about 8 hours later for them to feel dry. Vision gets blurred easily, especially when I look at computer screens and tv screens. Personally, I don't recommend this if your eyes get dry easily as you'll probably need more eye drops. Also, I find that it's more suitable for outdoor environment or when you're not looking at computer/tv displays as my vision seems to stays clearer whenever I look away from them.

You can try them by clicking the image below:)
Soflens® Daily Disposable is designed to correct nearsightedness (myopia) only.

Comments

  1. One of the nice Daily Disposables contact lens.Can you tell me, How long do you wear the lens, is it ok to use for 12 hours?Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I think it tends to feel alittle dry when I wore it for about 10 hours so recommended to use eye drops if you're wearing longer than 10 hours :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…