Skip to main content

Clothes Haul & Review: Taobao

Love/Hate affair with Black. It is the easiest colour to match but tends to make me look skinnier than I already am! Anyway, these are some of the items I bought a couple of months ago, I kept forgetting to upload them.
From top left hand corner :
1. Wonderbra (100 ways to wear them)
2. Short Tube
3. Safety Shorts
4. Bra Top
5. Gold Wings Tank Top
6. Corset

The quality of the items are average, not up to my expectations but worth the price paid.  Prices stated are rounded up:)

1. Wonderbra $15
It is the replica of the famous Wonderbra where it claims to have 100 different ways of wearing them. If you look closely at the diagram(here), there is actually repeated ways to wear them so it's not exactly 100ways. I haven't tried them myself, but this bra does comes with the clear strip between cups and multiple cuttings to hold your straps. It also comes with 2 normal straps, 1 halter strap and 1 extender for low back tops/dresses. Personally, I find that the cutting for this bra is slightly bigger than the usual ones I wear and the shape of it makes your chest looks flatter so it's not recommended for small cup sizes.

2. Short Tube $3
I bought this because I thought I lost my other one which I bought a couple of years back. A few days after I paid for this, I found the old one-.- Now I have 2, no need for more as they can last really long! Back to the item, this is made of cotton so it's rather thick which I like and it comes with slots for padding(which are inclusive too, but they were flat and out of shape) so I threw them away.

3. Safety Shorts $5
They were short but just the length I wanted. The ones that are easier to find usually comes with laces or are really long which defeats the purpose of wearing it. If the length of the skirt can't cover the shorts then might as well just wear the shorts right. Lol. The material of this is thin so I have to be careful not to tear them with my sharp nails and be really careful while wearing them. Other than that, it is really comfy and I'm considering getting another piece if I can't find any suitable ones in SG that costs less than $5.

4. Bra Top $10
I don't own one and I'm pretty curious if it's really that comfortable since you won't need to wear a bra in them. The bra cutting is just nice but the material of the top is really rough and somehow the workmanship isn't very good, not recommended to get this:(

5.Gold Wings Tank Top $8
My favourite piece of the lot would this gold wings tank top! One of the main reasons would be because of the wings! So when the top is all worn out, you can detach the wings to diy as necklace or keychain :)
This has ribbed material and smaller cutting so it fits me perfectly! I think it would be too small for UK8 onwards.

6. Corset $21
Last item of the lot. I bought this after trying it out at a shop, specializing in corset, in Far East Plaza. If I remembered correctly, the exact same piece is retailing at $49.90! I found it on Taobao at 50% of the price and everything is exactly the same. Corset helps to shape the body and correct one's the posture. I remember when I tried it, it prevented me from slouching so I can maintain the correct sitting posture.
It is extremely difficult to wear, I had to trouble my mum to tighten the back and you have to do it every time you wear it. Another bad thing is that I can't carry it off so I'll probably be wearing it at home to help straighten my posture.

I'll try to take pictures of individual items soon, need to clear off the current ones in my camera first, alot of overdue blog posts:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…