Skip to main content

Clothes Haul & Review: Uniqlo & Taobao

Here are the 2 items I bought from Uniqlo yesterday! These are the first 2 casual wear items I own from Uniqlo; I don't usually shop there as their cuttings for tops are too big for my skinny frame. And I find that their prices are alittle steep for poor students like me :( If it weren't for the vouchers, I might only get the jeans!


Geometric Poncho in Beige $49.90

I love the geometric poncho the moment I lay my eyes on them. I knew I had to get one and I had trouble deciding between grey and beige. Both colours look good and seems easy to match with outfits. I took a picture with the grey piece in the midst of deciding which to get. Ended up buying it in beige as there were more pieces in beige left as compared to grey so hopefully I won't bump into people wearing this much. It's kinda awkward seeing someone in the same outfit and she carries it off better than you, agree? Plus, it's free size so I can share it with my mum & sister. I will try to take an OOTD with this piece soon:) 
 
Ultra Skinny Jeans in Dark Green $69.90

This is the main reason I joined the contest for invites to USJ showcase. I'm sure many of you have been looking for the perfect jeans that not only looks good but is comfortable for everyday wear. I must say this is one of the best and most comfortable jeans I ever worn! Do scroll down and see for yourself as to how stretchable the jeans are; it's not restrictive unlike most jeans!

I know I have mentioned it a couple of times but it is really stretchable and even flattering. If you think that it will only look good on skinny ladies, you're wrong. USJ(Ultra Stretch Jeans)'s revolutionary fabric is sturdy and elastic which hugs the curves, giving a lift to one's bottoms. I'm sure everyone will look good in them, skinny or not :)


Don't just read, try them out yourself, I'm sure you'll be amazed like I did ;)
(Sounds like I'm promoting USJ but good things are meant to be shared right?)

Here's the colour reference for dark green, taken under sunlight & with flash light:
 
As for the cutting, I bought them in size 22, 2 sizes down from my usual size. Actually both size 22 & 23 fits fine but I heard from Shelia Sim(during her sharing session) that she took 2 sizes down so I decided on size 22, plus the staff told me that it will stretch alittle after washing so I guess it should do fine:)

Do you think green goes well with red or does it remind you of Christmas? Lol.
_

Next up, my Taobao buys! It arrived yesterday evening, just before I leave for USJ showcase:)
Tiger Knitted 3/4 Sleeves Top in Yellow

These are not the usual colours I would buy for tops & jeans. I wanted to try something different:) For the knitted top, it's inspired from a piece featured in Vivi magazine quite sometime ago. I have been pondering on it for the longest time, decided to get it since I have friends who are ordering with me recently. It comes only in one size so it's loose fitting, but the material feels comfortable so I guess it's worth the buy. There are some loose threads here and there, something which I expected at such affordable price from China; it doesn't affect the overall look so it's fine. I'm considering getting another piece in navy since it's going to be the cold rainy season so more chances to wear them out!


Stradivarius Skinny Jeans in Vintage Pink

I couldn't wait to try them out once I got home from USJ showcase, hence I'm wearing the same top for review again. I bought this in size 32, the smallest size left at the time of purchase and it turns out to be smaller than the usual cuttings I wear :( I can't imagine there'll be anyone skinnier than me. Lol but then again, I have huge hip bones :( I managed to button it up for picture taking purposes but I might not be able to keep it as mum said that it will shrink after washing which means that it will be impossible for me to wear it again!

The fitting issues aside, I find that the colour is really gorgeous! It's something that you can wear through different seasons and occasions. The material feels soft and comfortable too, however not stretchable unlike Ultra Skinny Jeans, hopefully Uniqlo will launch more new colours for that! Anyway, if no one buys it from me, I'll keep it and find a way to make it fit me better :p

That's all for my recent haul, till next time~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…