Skip to main content

Review: Mungyo Pastels - Hair Chalk for a Temporary Dye


Temporary hair dye is getting popular over the years but it can take awhile to fade and in such cases, it might not be acceptable in the workplace. Recently, I've seen people using hair chalk - a commitment-free, new and fun way to add life to your hair, I mean try out different colours on your hair! ;)

From the reviews I read online, you can use any type of soft pastel hair chalk from craft stores but I bought mine online. My box of Mungyo Pastels contain 24 colours with each chalk measuring 1 inch. 

To start off, you'll need:
1. Soft Pastel Chalk
2. A Spray Bottle of Water
3. Gloves
4. Straightener or Curling Iron (if you want some styling)
5. Old T-Shirt

Before you start, it is better to put on an old shirt together with the gloves as the colour can get onto your hands and clothes! It is pretty simple to use, just have to wet the section of the hair that you wish to dye. Start by rubbing the chalk in a downward motion and twisting your hair while you colour to release more pigments in the chalk. Once you're satisfied with the intensity of the colour, leave it to air dry and you're done!

Here's how it looks, I've only tried it on a section of my hair using the pinkish purple chalk.
Pardon my messy hair, I just tried this before I bathe. So when I tried it yesterday, I find that the colour will stain the clothes even after it's dried, so I would recommend hair to be tied up after you're done to avoid that. In addition, it cause the hair ends to appear dry and messy so it is important to wash them off thoroughly with a moisturising shampoo/conditioner thereafter to prevent dry ends!

Personally I don't think this is good for your hair, it's drying and hair feels stiff after using it :/ It applies to all hair chalk I think, since my friend tried another brand and the colour doesn't stay on her hair for long. Mine lasted for about 3-5 hours? Anyway I don't think I'll be using it again so if anyone is interested in trying this hair chalk, let me know, I'll send one piece to you. I wouldn't send those that I've used before or the boring colours such as black/brown/white. I have a total of 14 colours left, excluding the black/brown/white and colours I used, anyone interested, you can leave a comment or email me, colours will be given out randomly ;)

[Update- 3rd Sept] 
Most colours are given out already! Thanks for joining this mini giveaway! :)

Do check your mailboxes & have fun hair chalking!
1. Era
2. Jasmine
3. Yiwen
4. Nadia
5. Peiru
6. May
7.  Jason
8. Nadine
9. Ashley
10. Yan Qin
11. Nic
12. Iris
13. Yu Ling
14. Crystal
15. Faye
16. Nikki

Comments

  1. I wanted to try this out, a friend told me about and I saw some youtube videos about it the other day! I knew it's not very good for the hair but it can be lots of fun for a few hours, and I'll guss unless you don't do it everyday it's ok. But I can imagine the mess that comes with it, the colors on the fingers and you have to be careful what you wear.

    Irsada
    kissuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Do you still have chalk to give away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. hey girl! do you still have any more of this?? i wanna try ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. hiii! would you still have some left? it's pretty!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…