Skip to main content

Review: Daiso Pinky Snow L'ame Glitter Eyeshadow Gel in Silver

The other day, I happen to pass by Eastpoint Mall so I decided to take a look at the Daiso outlet there. I have heard from many that it is rather small, but I didn't manage to browse through all the items as I didn't stay for long. Knowing that I might not to able to browse through everything, the first part I would always visit would be the cosmetics section! ;)

I noticed new products being added and this glitter eyeshadow was one of them! I wanted to try applying silver glitter on my lower lash line like Taylor Swift so I bought one to try.
Isn't she gorgeous? xD Anyway back to the glitter eyeshadow, here's how it looks like:
 
It is something I want to try for the longest time but I am afraid that it wouldn't suit me; I'm glad Daiso decided to carry this, which is quite a steal. Sometimes quality is sacrificed with lower pricing but this isn't the case for this eyeshadow; I think it's more like a glitter eyeliner.
The product is tinier than it looks, but you don't need to apply too much of these so I think it would last pretty long. The colour is exact to the image shown on packaging and I love it. It have the perfect shade to highlight eyes and I think it's suitable for most skin tones.

The product reminds me of those art & craft glitter that I used to use in primary school so when I first saw it, I thought it would be rough and hard glitters against my skin but it isn't. You can't judge a book by its cover, how true. The felt tip of the brush is soft and gentle on the under eye area, allowing application to be a breeze.
Just one thing, you need quite a few coats to get the effect you see on the packaging as the colour is really light so it is good for people who dislike having to clean off excessive glitter. Above image shows how the colour looks with just one application, it can hardly be seen right?
Before & After
(Before: No eye makeup, After: Missha Mascara + L'ame Glitter Eyeshadow in Silver)
(Contacts: Super Barbie Eye - Candy in Blue)
 
(Side note: Love the etude house cookie blusher in grapefruit jelly, natural blush as seen in this picture! ^^)

After using it for 5 hours, there were no signs of smudging which means no need for touch up! Plus I have really oily skin so eye products usually smudge after 3-4 hours, I'm glad this stayed put and it can be removed easily with makeup remover without irritating my eyes :)

I'm pleased with my buy and I feel that I will start using this eyeliner alot more often for its colour, staying power and the ease of removing it! ;)

Straight to the point - for those who are lazy to read everything :p
[What I like about it]
✔ Easy to apply / remove
✔ Smudge proof
✔ Suitable for contact lenses users

[What I dislike about it]
✘ None!

Love:
(Definitely repurchase)
_

More on Daiso Hauls & Reviews
1. Daiso Haul #01
2. Dasio Haul #02 
3. Daiso Haul #03
4. Daiso Haul #04 & Review: Razor, Eyebrow Pencil, Eyebrow Template
5. Review - Daiso Meito Beauty Drink
6. Review - Daiso Rose Body Scrub 
7. Review - Daiso Lip Gloss & Tape for Double Eyelid
❤ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…