Skip to main content

Review: Mentholatum Acnes Daily Facial Scrub + Medicated Creamy Wash


Mentholatum Acnes is the number one choice for anti-acne skincare in Japan and have been around for quite sometime but it's my first time trying them! I've been looking for suitable skincare products as I have a number of breakouts lately, glad that I have the chance to try these! :)

Acnes Medicated Skincare range is formulated to inspire skin confidence at the highest levels. It’s a one-stop solution that helps you keep your face looking clean and confident. No more hiding behind doors when that one you “admire” approaches. No more looking down when answering questions from your teachers. Only Total Confidence with Acnes- the #1 Medicated Skincare Brand in JAPAN!

I find it important to keep to the three step skincare routine which I'm sure many people have; it includes cleansing, toning and moisturising twice a day. This is to help remove the dirt/oil/sweat/makeup that is accumulated on the skin and to prevent clogged pores which can lead to the formation of blackheads! In addition to that, it is recommended to exfoliate at least once a week to remove the dead skin cells and allow the usual basic skincare to work better in ensuring a clean face with little/no blemishes.

 

Introducing the latest product from Mentholatum Acnes - Daily Facial Scrub. A gentle scrub suitable for daily deep cleansing. It contains green beads for deep cleansing and blue beads for a cooling menthol sensation.



Personal Review
It contains these tiny beads, as shown in the above picture, which feels gentle on skin yet helps to exfoliate well. I love how this scrub cleans my face well, giving a cooling and refreshing feeling after using it. A squeaky clean face! :p

All you need is a small amount where you lather with water and gently massage onto your face. I did it another way, apply it to face and add some water before gently scrubbing my face with these tiny beads! The beads disappear after some scrubbing, you don't need to do it for long, about 5 minutes or so and it leaves creamy lather which I washed off thereafter.
 

Plus, I got to try out the medicated creamy wash which is released earlier and it helps to:
• Remove excess sebum and keeps your skin soft & moist!
• Anti Bacterial: Contains isopropyl Methyphenol which penetrates deep into pores to fight against bacteria and prevent pimples.
• Soothing: Helps sooth redness and skin irritation caused by acne. Prevent aggravation of pimples.
• Deep Cleansing: Helps unclogs pores and reduce blemishes by deep cleansing to remove dirt, oil, impurities and excess sebum.
• Moisture Retention: Contains Vitamin C with moisture retention benefits, leaving your skin soft and moisturized after wash.
• Anti-oxidation: Contains Vitamin E, an effective anti-oxidant, to keep the elasticity of your skin

Personal Review
 
This is a refreshing facial wash that has a minty smell and suitable for daily use. Even though the facial scrub that I mentioned earlier is stated for daily use, I would recommend you to use it once a week as too much scrubbing can lead to thinner skin. I already have that problem due to some skincare products prescribed by National Skin Care centre in the past (have stopped using them already).

Anyway back to this review, only a small amount is needed and it lathers well with water, the image shown above is the product on its own. This is more suitable for those with oily skin as it can be alittle drying for other skin types. I love this product as it cleanses face well, removing all the excessive oil that I have :)
_

Redemption

Not sure if it will be suitable for you? All you have to do is : Like Acnes (SG) FB page to redeem a 3-step kit sample or alternatively, hit this link http://on.fb.me/L1xX7Z  Try it out today! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…