Skip to main content

Taobao Haul #01 + Review

It's my first time shopping on Taobao and I should have started doing this earlier! I found many items which I bought on blogshops there but at a cheaper price! The shipping time and scrolling through the countless number of products could be tedious but it's worth it. My first Taobao haul took about 3 weeks(air shipment) to reach. I ordered through a livejournal site so it took quite sometime to reach and the shipping charges are higher than expected.
Here are my items :D

I didn't manage to try out all the items but here are the four items I tried:
1. Studded Collar Shirt
2. Red Skater Skirt
3. Black Bag
4. Black Heels
(Ignore my face & black tube, too excited to try them on. Lol.)
(Just for your info: UK4/6)

Detailed Reviews for each item:
Studded Collar Shirt
(Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.43&id=15564030355)
When I received this, I noticed a slight stain on the internal area; the seller should have done a more thorough check and do an exchange for me, luckily it wasn't that obvious. The material is thin and sheer as you can see in the above photos but it can be easily be solved by wearing a tube or spag on the inside. Overall, I like this top as the studs are not the type where they stick on and it's secured nicely so I don't have to worry about them falling off after washing it :)

Red Skater Skirt
(Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.303&id=16934984306)
I've always wanted a red skirt as my wardrobe as its usually filled with black ones and it seems rather boring after awhile. The material of the skirt is made of nylon which is light and has a elastic band at the back which gives a great fit. The length is just nice too!
*The link I bought it from is not removed already, attached another link with similar skirt+good seller ratings!

Black Bag
I love this bag! The material of the bag is great, sturdy and comes with an additional strap for sling, but doesn't fit A4 size. Another thing is that there're stains on the buckle areas which can't be removed; I'm glad it isn't that obvious from far.

Black Heels & Red Heels
(Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.283&id=15432510407)
The heel heights are freakishly high, about 5-6 inches. I'm only keeping the black one as I have trouble walking in the red one though the heel is thicker. The quality is not bad and comfort level is acceptable too, only tried wearing it around the house so far. In addition, the size is quite accurate, fits me well. I wear size 39/40 depending on the cutting and I bought size 39 for this.
I'm considered tall among my peers so I don't have much chances of wearing it. I just love heels, they look so much better than flats, don't you agree?
*Quick update: I can't balance well in the black heels. This would be great for those who wear heels often, not recommend for those who wears it once in a while for special events, etc.

In summary, I'm happy with my purchases, the items are considered cheap but the agent fees combined with shipping is quite high so it's better to google and try out different agents before settling on one that provides the best value for you. I'll be conducting spree so do order together with me so we can save on shipping!  Plus, I will be doing a tutorial on how to shop on Taobao by the end of May, so do keep a lookout for it! :) 

Comments

  1. Wah everything looks so cute on you!
    What taobao shops did you buy from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the black heel fit true to size?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've included the links above:)

    And the heels fit true to size :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Guide to KORAIL's O Train & V Train

Sightseeing trains are gaining popularity in Korea and it is one of the things you have to try when you're there! Today I'll be sharing on O Train & V Train which started its operations sightly more than a year ago on April 2013. These trains journey through Korea's inland valleys with the O-train looping around the central inland region, running through the provinces of Chungcheongbuk-do, Gangwon-do, and Gyeongsangbuk-do. While the V-train, connecting Buncheon in Gyeongsangbuk-do Province and Cheolam in Gangwon-do Province, runs through scenic valleys. Detailed information on these trains can be found on VisitKorea.

I realized there is a lack of information on the site as to how you can purchase the tickets online or offline and how to best plan the route if you would like to take both trains plus return to Seoul on the same day. So here's a simple post on how I purchased my tickets on the spot and the mistake I made(and you can avoid if you read this post), but …