Skip to main content

GSS Haul #01 : Cotton On

Great Singapore Sale - GSS, it's this time of the year again! 25th May 2012 - 22nd July 2012.
I'm looking forward to it but at the same time dreading it, knowing that I will spend more during this period. The first place that I would usually visit during GSS would be Cotton On. I find that their usual price range is alittle overpriced as the materials are considered thin. You can find great buys during a sale, especially at their mega store located at Parkway Parade & Novena as theses outlets carry more products!
Total Damage: $50 (Including a top I bought for mummy)

Here are some of the items I bought few days ago!

Sabina Crochet Vest XS - $15
I wanted to get this long ago but I find it expensive, glad that I bought this last piece at Parkway Parade! The colour looks better in real life, more of off white. The workmanship for this is pretty good but I have to be careful wearing it and not get it caught somewhere!

Raven Drape Frill Tank XXS - $10
This is not something I would usually buy. I'm not a fan of polka dots, however this mint colour with white polka dots just looks so cute! This would definitely brighten up my boring wardrobe of black/white/blue clothes! The material of this is rather thin but suitable for SG's warm weather and the scoop neck cutting is abit low, so I think I would need bobra tape to prevent overexposure.

Eden Espadrille 40 - $5
My best buy of the lot! This was the last pair left and they were clearing stocks. I'm so lucky that it was in my size. The fit is alittle loose as I'm a size 39 but it can be easily solved by wearing ankle socks. Plus, I wanted to get this when they first brought it to store, it's really comfortable. The only bad thing is that it's white so it'll probably get dirty soon!

Moulded Convertible - $10
This was the last piece too and it's smaller than my usual size. I have flat chest so it doesn't really matter, have always been jealous of well-endowed ladies. Anyway, I bought this mainly because it doesn't come with underwire and have anti-slip rubber which is good for going strapless! Being flat means higher chances of bra slipping off and this prevented that from happening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…