Skip to main content

Maybelline Blogger/Fan Event

I'm ecstatic when I received the email containing the invitation to Maybelline event on 21st Feb. Why? It's the first time I'm attending a blogger/fan event! It seems so exciting. Haha.

It was held at Covelli @ Orchard Central. The whole place was booked and it was packed as there were bloggers and fans from Maybelline facebook. Most of the bloggers knew each other so I seemed extra when I sat next to them :(

Moreover, my dad's camera ran out of battery! Apparently the battery charger had some problems so it wasn't charged overnight and I had to take pictures with my itouch. The others were all using good cameras like Canon, made me feel even more left out. Lol. Anyway, pardon the bad quality pictures!

These were some of the products shown at the event today! The event started off with an introduction to these new products that Maybelline will be bringing in on March/April 2012. It includes Magnum Ultra Comb Mascara, Clear Smooth BB White with SPF50, Jelly Glow Blush, and the Masterliner White.

A fashion show by Love Bonito followed soon after the introduction. Pretty models in the latest outfits from Love Bonito! Sadly LB's cutting is too big for me, can't wear their clothes :(

After the fashion show, we were given makeup tips! (I forgot the lady's name, sorry, I'm old, stm!)

Brunch was served after the sharing session and I have no idea what the dishes are called but I enjoyed the food :)

A lucky draw was also conducted while some of us were still eating, and I wasn't one of the winners. I have no luck in such lucky draws. I wonder why. Lol.

Another round of fashion show begun after the lucky draw, and I get to see my fav model of the day again! I like her smile and she is really pretty :)

First Impressions:
(will do a more in depth review once I start using them!)
Clear Smooth BB White with SPF50
This bb cream blends easily to suit one's skin tone without feeling sticky unlike some bb creams do; and it gives a very slight shimmer which I liked!

Jelly Glow Blush
I was looking forward to this product after seeing the ad which was placed on our tables. The name is given due to the texture and it is so addictive! It has a soft, bouncy(jelly-like) texture which makes you want to dab more often! The colours are pretty too!

These were the only products we got to try there, will try the others and review in a separate post! :)
Bloggers who sat next to me:)

Can't wait to try the others:)

*bad angle for me :(
With Mable, the only familiar face at the event. She was there for the Fashion Show! Hope we will get to work together again!

Anyway that's all for today~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review & Guide: Owndays Singapore

If you've been to Korea or Japan, you might have heard of getting a pair of spectacles done within the same day or even within minutes! Based on reviews I found online and through friends, it can cost less than $100 for a pair and I have been tempted to get mine done there ever since.

Earlier last year, Owndays decided to expand and opened its first shop in Singapore. To many, it was a relatively new concept to get spectacles within the same day but to me, it's like finally, I have a chance to experience it without having to travel!

A basic introduction to those who are not familiar with the store. Owndays is a brand from Japan that offers all-in-one price (frame + 1.6 high index aspheric lenses) at $98-$198. With 1,500 styles to choose from and processing time of 20 minutes, you can not only find a pair of spectacles to correct your vision but also change them according to different occasions.
(Picture credit to Owndays Singapore)
I love their open concept. Unlike most optical…

Review: Owndays PC (Blue Shield) Lenses

A few months ago, I posted a guide & review on Owndays Singapore and mentioned that I would like to get PC lenses with them as well as do a pair of eye glasses in Korea/Japan and I did both! Now I have 3 pairs of spectacles which is alittle too much. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not being able to see if I were to lose one pair of spectacles!  Today I'll be reviewing on their PC aka blue shield lenses. They seemed to be emphasizing more on this type of lens lately and I didn't find a review on this so I decided to be the first to start. Owndays PC lenses come with a slight tinted brown colour and blue coating. The purpose of these lenses is to cut down a certain amount of blue light that is being emitted from electronic devices such as computer, mobile phones, TV, etc.  (Picture credited to Owndays Singapore)
You might be wondering, what is blue light and why do we emphasis so much on it now? Blue light is a type of light that is blue in colour(like duh.…

Recommended Taobao Sellers

Hi everyone! I've compiled a list of recommended Taobao sellers from friends and various online platforms so if you have any sites to recommend, do leave a comment below! Sharing is caring :)

Don't know how to buy from Taobao? Read the tutorial here, or if you need an agent, you can join my spree here! It is quite expensive when I order alone! Should you require more information on anything related to Taobao, feel free to email me at that-randomgirl@hotmail.com, I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
*Updated November 2013

Clothes
Japanese/Korean Style
1. http://shop35086637.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
2. http://shop36299960.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.8

Casual Style
1. http://magic-g.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
2. http://shop35306685.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.7-4.8
3. http://shop57873530.taobao.com Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
4. http://shop59411499.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
5. http://1912911.taobao.com/ Seller Rating: 4.6-4.7
6. http://loveh…